In accordance with Assembly Bill 469, each CCSD school will create a School Organizational Team (S.O.T.) made up of elected licensed staff, education support professionals, parents/guardians, and students, as well as one or more optional, non-elected community members who will assist the principal in making important decisions impacting the school.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE SCHOOL ORGANIZATIONAL TEAM?
- Provide input on the school performance plan and budget.
- Provide continued advice to the Principal in carrying out the school plan.
- Assist with the selection of the next Principal when there is a vacancy.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF TEAM MEMBERS?
- Begin attending meetings in October 2020 (in-person or virtually).
- Serve on the team through September 30, 2022, unless your child no longer attends the school.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings the first Wednesday of the month, most often at 7:00 am in the school library. (Additional meetings may occur as needed.)
- Make decisions with the whole population in mind.
- Work collaboratively and attempt to reach consensus with the team.
(LVA staff who have children attending LVA are not eligible to participate on the team.)
If you are interested in serving on LVA’s School Organizational Team, please fill out and submit the form below before Tuesday, September 14, 2021. An online ballot of nominees will be presented for a vote through Google Docs on September 20th. Voting will close September 24th at 12:30 PM. If you have any questions, you can contact our principal at 702-799-7800 ext. 4100 or email at email@example.com.
7 views0 comments